I'm a writer-librarian and communications specialists with an entrepreneurial spirit. I write picture books and contemporary YA novels from my home in rural Alberta; where the internet doesn't always work but hey, who needs email when there are owls living in my backyard?
10 Things to Know About Me
1. I was a struggling reader as a child.
2. I live in a house full of companion animals.
3. Three in four books I read are "for" children and young adults.
4. As a teen, I lived abroad in Quito Ecuador for two years.
5. As a child, I would make up my own bedtime stories (and I guess I never grew out of it)!
6. Poetry was my first love.
7. I love hot rods and own a 1979 Camaro.
8. My nickname is Bell, named after my favorite movie.
9. I built my own house.
10. I love corny jokes (I blame my dad).